2. Pune has highest number of pubs in Asia.
3. Pune has highest number of cigarette smokers in India.
4. Pune has the highest number of software companies in India-212, followed by Bangalore - 208,Hyderabad - 97. Hence called the Silicon Valley of Maharashtra
5. Pune has 35 engineering colleges, which is highest in the world in a given city. Pune University has 57 Engineering colleges affiliated to it, which is highest in the world.
6. Pune has commercial and defense Airport operating from the same strip.
7. Pune has highest number of public sectors and government Organizations in India.
8. Pune university has highest number of students going abroad for higher studies taking the first place from IIT-Kanpur.
9. Pune has only 38% of local population (i.e.Marathi) .Hence a true cosmopolitan with around 20% North Indians,10% Tamilians,14% Telugites, 10% Keralites, 8% Europeans(Koregaon Park),5% Africans,2%Bangalis and 6% a mixture of all races
10. Pune police has the reputation of being second best in India
.11. Pune has the highest density of traffic in India.
12. Pune has the highest number of 2-wheelers in the world
.13. Pune is considered the fashion capital of east comparable to Paris
15. Pune is 3rd in producing the maximum international sportsmen 🏉in India for all sports.
16. Pune has produced the maximum number of scientists considered for many high profile Prize nominations
17. Pune has produced the highest number of professionals in USA almost 60% of the Indian population abroad is from Pune (except Gulf).
18. Pune is the only city in India where there are seven Universities.
If you ever live/d in Pune....then....this one has to be shared.